Receptionist/Admin/Front Office/Light accounting
Carol S Harvey
Cary, NC 27519
Receptionist/Admin Assistant experienced in multiple office settings looking for full time position, in fast paced, service oriented environment.
Skills and Qualifications:
Medical Law & Ethics course
Computer skills: Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel
Multi-line phone systems
Strong organizational and communication skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Scimetrika (Global Health/Field Research)
Receptionist / Admin / Light Accounting
August 2014 until present
- Answer phones, routing calls to appropriate persons/voicemails
- Sign in visitors and hand out visitor badges
- Process invoices and checks
- Make online remote bank deposits
- Help set up catered lunches and meetings
- Maintain inventory of the break room and office supplies
- Set up the desk/workstations for new employees
- Prepare electronic Fed Ex air bills, mail packages etc.
- Collect and distribute mail
These make up only a percentage of what I might do in a day. I am the go-to person when someone needs extra help, whether it be ordering business cards, running errands or helping the Executive Assistant with any extra activities she might need help with.
Hilltop Wealth and Financial Advisors
Concierge Receptionist/Front Desk Support
October 2010 to January 2014
- Handled all incoming calls
- Greeted, visitors and clients,
- Certified mail handler, which meant that I was responsible for receiving
- checks and financial correspondence
- Managed the check log database
- Kept office and associated areas neat and organized
- Assisted with special event mailings and planning:
We had several socials for our clients every year and I helped with the planning of those events. Our clients were our priority. We went out of our way to assist them during their visits. I greeted them, got them coffee or other beverages, engaged them in conversation and in general made them know that we valued them as clients and friends.
This came easy for me as I enjoy interacting with people and have a genuine interest in others.
Clarkston Consulting Firm
September 2000 to April 2003
- Answered multi-line phones, screening, redirecting calls
- Managed database for company and employee information
- Admin project support to various departments as needed (H.R. and Accounting)
- Purchasing / Inventory for office and break room supplies
I enjoyed working at Clarkston as there was ongoing interaction with clients and staff.
Express Personnel, USA Staffing and Ashley Personnel
July 1997 to August 2000
These were temporary agencies. I worked a variety of office positions during this time;
dentists, chiropractor, pulmonary doctor and others.
- Answering multi-line phones
- Checking in/out patients,
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Taking messages for doctors.
- Covering reception and helping where needed
Courses: Medical Law & Ethics at Durham Tech