I’m a dedicated professional with emphasis in data and productivity analyses which includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Conceptualization, development, and design of Business Intelligence Dashboards in key areas.
- Development of Excel automated department and regional tracking tools.
- Business Intelligence and KPI analyses resulting in increased operational efficiency and increased revenue.
- Developed Therapeutic Summary Tool increasing resource intelligence. I was able to use source data and create solutions to track staff productivity on demand.
- Development of staff and manager FTE Utilization Analysis tool used worldwide. Development of Assessment Visit Schedule to track CRA visits conditionally formatted to meet audit requirements.
- Training of administrative assistants in various capacities which included resource planning and analysis.
- Provide monthly analysis and evaluation of CRA/CMA productivity and timeliness.
- Designed survey and analyzed data to identify deficiencies for Clinical Operations; both scheduled and on-demand.
- I was often asked by Senior Management (as a group or on an individual basis) to devise solutions to certain problems or to address particular needs. The development of the FTE Utilization Analysis Tool, Therapeutic Summary Tool, and the SRP First Time Quality Tracking Tool are three examples of my abilities to come up with creative and functional solutions.
MS Office 2010/ 2013
NT / SBS Server 2003 Administration
Windows Applications Troubleshooting
Microsoft Excel - Expert
PivotTables / VLOOKUP / VBA
Oracle BI (Business Intelligence)
PXL Resource Database
Some Visual Basic for Applications
Business Intelligence Analysis
Assistant Office Management
Exchange Server with Active Directory
Attorney Billing Software
PORTFOLIO ANALYST – PROJECT MANAGEMENT
WORLDWIDE CLINICAL TRIALS
SEP 2015 – JUNE 2016
Monthly Revenue Report Analysis for Director of Project Management’s review:
- Analyzed Top Full Service Project Revenue – projects requiring all effective business units.
- Closed and Forecast per Project Manager and Project Director Annualized via Excel Dashboard.
Provided Weekly Resource Report which tracked under-resourced/over-resourced FTEs (Full Time Equivalent):
- Measured by project, region, BU – to determine resource allocations and increase resource efficiencies.
- Provided Resource Reports on-demand with quick turn-around times.
Created Executive Dashboard:
- Merged reports to have holistic view of all project’s financial and resource information by dashboard view measuring various KPIs for Executive Management review.
- Provided revenue and probability trends and collaborated with the other Portfolio Analyst to communicate with management team and provide feedback which increased reaction times, or to provide proactive stances, to any project issue (both resource planning & project management).
- Provided quick turn-around time to address resource and financial end user contacts’ questions and to determine relative project health.
- Quickly identified issues and provide risk management via dynamic live data feeds.
- Created automated and dynamic dashboards to provide information with different KPI measurements for Monthly Project Reviews.
Maintained and updated SharePoint:
- Updated Action Items to address issues on-demand.
- Updated PM and PD as contacts to address issues and plan resource and project meetings.
- Updated and provided SharePoint meta-data to determine project status and health.
- Tracked Project status (closed, active, active-closing).
Trained PMs on tools and dashboards.
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT / OPERATIONS ANALYST – CLINICAL OPERATIONS
DEC 2007 – SEP 2015
Creation of CRA Incentive Plan:
- Incentivized monitoring visits resulting in increased revenue.
- Improved morale which decreased turnover.
- Weighted by visit type and project to achieve par evaluation.
- Three-month investment to build, 1 hour monthly to run.
Work History (cont.)
FTE (Full Time Equivalent) Utilization Analysis for Director of Clinical Operations’ Review:
- Track over/under-utilization of staff on projects and align resource allocation with project needs.
- Tracked data from hours and timesheet codes & resource database to analyze resourcing efficiency, determine accurate and optimal project resourcing.
- Tracked monitoring and travel time (revenue vs. cost).
- Automated to load both data sources (hours worked vs. resourced hours).
- The FTE Tool accomplished the monthly evaluations successfully which resulted in other Business Units (BUs) and regions requesting their own versions.
- Collaborated with Application Development team to build; investment yielded approximately 30 minute run-time (down from 3-days).
Conceptualized, developed and implemented Resourcing Analyses Survey (Therapeutic Area Survey):
- Tracked CRA, CMA, COL, TAs, locations, language, experience level, and other skills. Provided real-time data to staff studies on an ad-hoc basis.
- Provided analysis and recommendations on which projects needed resources commiserate with Therapeutic Area and Function needs.
- Pulled Resource FTEs and merged with exported Survey data for analysis.
- Dashboards built monthly, but could pull minimal version on demand within 15 minutes upon Resource Analyst’s request.
- All regions requested version of this resource tool.
- Aimed at reducing time to initiate site due to incorrect SRPs submitted.
- Identified issues for up to 11 categories providing management the information needed to address and correct issues, or determine if retraining on an individual or group level was necessary.
- Designed to meet weekly analysis requirement.
- Significantly lowered SRP package delays.
Built customized LM (Line Manager) dashboards that tracked different staff KPI:
- Each LM had his/her own dashboard “LM Dashboard” which was designed to “load” staff on a monthly basis (to account for changes in staff). Each manager would load his or her various staff metric reports (the raw data) on a monthly schedule. This usually involved reports and analyses that I provided monthly.
- Provided an “all-in-one” overview of all his/her staff (regardless of role: CRA & CMA) on a Team Dashboard. The LM could also drill down to an individual direct report’s metrics.
- Metrics could be viewed month-by-month or year-to-date; individually or team.
- The LMs would load the raw data onto tables, and would be viewed on the Team or Manager dashboards via dynamic Pivot Charts providing the capability to view by different perspectives (monthly, YTD, individual vs team, etc.).
Designed RFP/RFI tracking tool.
- Designed to track which managers were providing RFP or RFI for potential business opportunity.
- Designed to provide fair allocation and distribution to each manager.
- Helped to reduce turn-around time to within 4 hours of receipt of request to resource identified and contacted to submit their RFP/RFI and aid Business Development to create effective bid proposals.
Proud to be recognized by colleagues company-wide – these commendations can be provided upon request.
Work History (consolidated – more detailed information provided on the PDF version)
The Banks Law Firm – Systems Administrator & Billing Coordinator DEC 2006 – NOV 2007
Daniels & Daniels, P.A. – Systems Administrator & Billing Coordinator MAR 2006 – DEC 2006
- Remote Systems Administration
- Exchange Server with Active Directory
- System and Windows trouble-shooting
- Small Business Server 2003, Active Directory, Exchange Server and Cisco IP Telephony Software
IBM – AAS Systems Administrator FEB 2002 – MAR 2006
- Internal Customer support oriented position detailing AAS application profiles for IBM users worldwide. All profiles had to comply with directives provided by IBM internal audit controls.
Nortel Networks – Portfolio Marketing Agent MAR 1998 – NOV 2000
- Analyzed competitor positioning in the Telecommunications Industries by taking calls from business partners and Nortel personnel to assist them in closing deals and create revenue.
- Updated and administration of Competitive Analysis website.
- Research competitors’ product offerings as comparable to Nortel Networks Solutions.
Screenshots (See example of redacted tools)
Durham Technical Community College – General Education Diploma with Honors – 2010
Durham Technical Community College – Computer Science & Business Administration – Preparing to attend
Links for More Information