6011 Burgundy Road
Durham, NC 27712
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
● Multifaceted, self-motivated, client focused professional with extensive experience and comprehensive knowledge in managing and overseeing all phases of veterinary business operations.
● Established practice standards, operating goals, productivity improvement and cost-reduction programs that consistently improved quality and patient satisfaction. Responded to steadily shifting patient and staffing demands.
● Skilled at handling veterinary practice and various other responsibilities including human resources, patient care standards, inventory management, and building maintenance.
● Known for first-rate management and leadership skills; coupled with excellent ability in dealing with all levels of individuals across veterinary profession including vendors, colleagues, and upper management.
● Dedicated to increasing efficiency, profitability, and productivity of the organization.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel), QuickBooks, and Cornerstone.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
● Human Resource Service
● Policies and Procedures
● Team Management
● Finance and Budget Management
● Inventory Control
● Crisis Management
Practice Manager ~ Park Veterinary Hospital, Durham, NC ~ 2002 - 2016
● Adeptly managed daily operations of the hospital; supervised 25+ employees and veterinarians.
● Effectively oversaw all Human Resource responsibilities, including hiring of new talent, release of poor performance employees, and administration of all employee benefits.
● Utilized my excellent organizational skills in maintaining vendor contracts, managing payroll, and sustaining budget and practice finances.
● Ensure complete adherence to OSHA program and coordinate with building maintenance operations.
● Managed major transformation from paper medical charts to paperless medical records, providing communications, training and technical support throughout the process.
● Established and led bi monthly hospital team meetings, resulting in a policy and procedure manual. Created internal communication avenues for conflict resolution and interdepartmental issues.
● Transformed business strategy to run the hospital as a client focused hospital, not Dr. focused by managing group discussions and employee self-evaluation.
● Implemented and upheld office policies and procedures, including American Animal Hospital Association standard of care.
● Demonstrated flexibility in handling diverse set of responsibilities, including hospital inventory, marketing, social media and advertising activities.
● Directed the cross-training of personnel to effectively utilize employees as well as to build and develop new skill sets.
Practice Manager - North Paw Animal Hospital, Durham, NC
Consumer Relations Manager – Colgate Palmolive, Guildford, United Kingdom
WHO IS MARTI HARRIS?
● Animal Lover
● Family focused
● Loyal and ethical